What could be better than a warm, freshly-baked muffin? Sourdough blueberry muffins are the perfect combination of sweet and tart, and they’re sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Best of all, they’re easy to make. Simply combine sourdough starter with milk, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Then fold in fresh or frozen blueberries. The batter will be thick, so be sure to use a spoon or spatula to evenly distribute the berries. Bake the muffins at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed. Let them cool for a few minutes before devouring. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- 2 cups (240 g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- zest of half a lemon
- 1 cups (150 g) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 8 tablespoons (113 g) butter (melted)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (125 g) sourdough starter discard
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a 12 count muffin tin with paper liners or grease generously to prevent sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, corn starch, lemon zest and salt with a fork.
- Add the blueberries and toss the mixture to coat. Set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. (If the batter is too stiff, add 1-2 tablespoons of water or milk to help thin it down.)
- Divide the batter evenly into 12 muffins.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing to cool on a cooling rack.
Store the muffins loosely covered, at room temperature, for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 236mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g