If you’re looking for a spaghetti sauce recipe that is low in sodium, this is the one for you. This homemade sauce is made with fresh tomatoes, garlic, and herbs, and it has no added salt.
The key to making a delicious salt-free spaghetti sauce is to use flavorful ingredients. Fresh tomatoes are always a good choice, and they should be ripe but not overripe. Garlic, onion, and celery add depth of flavor, while basil and oregano give the sauce a touch of sweetness.
This spaghetti sauce can be used on any type of pasta, and it’s also great as a base for other Italian dishes like lasagna or chicken Parmesan. So if you’re watching your sodium intake, or you just want to try something different, give this salt-free spaghetti sauce a try. You won’t be disappointed.
- 2- 14 .5 oz cans of Diced Tomatoes No salt (2-14 .5oz)
- 6 oz Can of Tomato Paste No salt (1-6 oz)
- 8 oz can of Tomato Sauce No salt (1-8 oz)
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Diced Mushrooms
- ½ cup Diced Bell Pepper (Red or Green)
- 1 cup Chopped Onions
- 4 cloves fresh Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Red Pepper flakes or Cayenne Pepper
- 1 TBSP Dried Oregano Flakes
- ½ TBSP Dried Thyme Flakes
- 1 TBSP Dried Parsley Flakes
- ½ TBSP Dried Sage Flakes
- 1 TBSP Dried Rosemary Flakes
- 2 TBSP Dried Basil Flakes
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce to a medium size saute pan. Cook on Medium heat until simmering.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and add garlic, red and black pepper, oregano, thyme, parsley, sage, rosemary and basil. Let simmer.
- In a separate pan add Olive oil then saute onions and bell peppers until they start to soften.
- Add Ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add tomato mixture to Hamburger mixture and incorporate well.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or so on a very low simmer.