Easy to Make Monkey Bread
There are endless variations, but monkey bread is basically bite-sized pieces of dough baked with other ingredients that tie all the flavors together. The most common variation is exactly what you see here, made with butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
- 24 ounces biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon or you can use pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup butter salted or unsalted
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
1. Prepare Bundt pan by heavily greasing with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut each biscuit into four equal bite-sized pieces.
3. Combine 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a bowl or plastic bag.
4. Roll the pieces of dough in the sugar-cinnamon mixture, making sure to completely coat the biscuits. Then gently arrange them into the prepared Bundt pan.
5. In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture (discard remaining or use for another recipe) with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter. Bring mixture just to a boil and then immediately remove from heat. Stir until sugars have fully dissolved. Carefully drizzle the mixture over the rolled dough balls in the Bundt pan.
6. Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until biscuits are done.
7. Allow pan to rest for about 5 minutes, then cover with a large plate and invert. To eat, pull the desired amount off with your fingers and enjoy the gooey sweet sinful treat.